Bishop who preached ‘God is larger than this dreaded virus’ dies of COVID-19
Bishop Gerald O. Glenn of The New Deliverance Evangelistic Church near Richmond, Virginia died the day before Easter.
By Ben Kesslen
A Virginia pastor who told his congregants, “God is larger than this dreaded virus” died of COVID-19 the day before Easter, his church said.
The New Deliverance Evangelistic Church, in North Chesterfield, Virginia, right outside Richmond, announced the death of Bishop Gerald O. Glenn in an Easter Sunday address by Bryan Nevers, a church elder.
“The first thing I asked God is, ‘Why?’” Nevers said in a speech posted to the church’s social media.
Well Church Elder Bryan Nevers here is why
- Your Bronze Age god of superstition and ignorance is not stronger than the Covid-19 virus?
- Bishop Gerald Glenn faith wasn’t even close to being as large as a mustard seed?
- Your invisible sky daddy does not give a flying heck about any of you?
- You ignored the doctors your sky daddy sent to help people with Covid-19, because you idiots thought your belief in your sky daddy was stronger than the science you losers love to deny in the first place?
- He deserved to die because he went against doctors and scientists orders stating social distancing and other mitigating actions to stop the spread of the deadly Covid-19 virus, along with any of you idiots who attended these church services?
Now back to the story of these dumb-ass Christians.
The bishop was mourned by Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., who wrote on Twitter, “My heart sinks as I learn this morning that Bishop Gerald Glenn, pastor of New Deliverance Evangelistic Church, died yesterday from COVID-19.”
Kaine, a former mayor of Richmond, said Glenn was “a friend and pillar of Richmond faith community.”
“May all do as much for so many,” the Senator wrote.
Glenn and his wife, Mother Marcietia Glenn, both tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this month, according to local news reports.
The Bishop had held a service on March 22, where in a sermon given to a crowd of congregants he said, “I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus,” according to CBS affiliate WTVR. The next day, Virginia banned gatherings of 10 or more, but had already been encouraging social distancing. Virginia did not issue a stay-at-home order until a week later, and has seen at least 149 COVID-19 related deaths.
In a Facebook post on Monday, the church asked people to “pray continually” for their “first family.”
Again you mental midget moron Bronze Age superstitious believers have proven? Your god, your Jeebus the Dead Jewish Zombie still rotting on a stick, and prayer? Are bullshit. Cause if it was all true? Then your dumb ass pastor would not have gotten Covid-19 and died and his dumb ass wife would not have gotten Covid-19, proving once again? The complete and utter bullshit of Christianity.
“While they are mourning the heartbreaking earthly absence of their family patriarch & spiritual father, they also have family members who are struggling to survive this dreaded pandemic,” the church wrote.
Well if you asshats had listened to the doctors and scientists instead of this idiot Bishop? He would not have gotten sick and died, his wife would not have gotten sick and the rest of you would not have gotten sick. Do you understand yet?
On the congregations’ Facebook page, a picture of the sign outside the church was posted on Sunday that read, “Dear God, We need your help.”